What is Amazon Brand Registry?
The Amazon Brand Registry is a program offered by Amazon that allows brand owners to register their trademarks with Amazon and gain access to additional tools and services to protect and better represent their brand on the platform.
Counterfeit products that can damage brand reputation and hurt sales are a headache for many sellers, brands, and manufacturers worldwide. Amazon recognized the importance of this issue and created a brand registry that protects against such scenarios.
Brands enrolled in the Amazon Brand Registry get access to several tools that can help them enhance their brand image and improve product listings, which allows them to grow their sales. For example, the A+ content tool used for listing customization on amazon is only available to the sellers registered with it. It has the potential to help you in your journey to grow on Amazon.
Who should use Amazon Brand Registry?
Here are some examples of brand owners who would likely benefit from using the Amazon Brand Registry:
- Brands that have registered trademarks and want to protect their intellectual property on Amazon.
- Brands that are experiencing issues with counterfeit products being sold on Amazon.
- Brands that want to create and manage product listings, access enhanced reporting and analytics, and receive priority support from Amazon’s intellectual property team.
- Brands that want to use Amazon’s automated systems for detecting and removing infringing products from the platform.
- Brands that want to take advantage of Amazon’s Brand Gating feature to limit the ability of third-party sellers to list products under their registered brand.
- Brands that want to use other Amazon features like Amazon Posts and Amazon Live Creator.
However, if you are an Amazon Seller, there are additional benefits like access to more marketing tools, as we shall learn further.
Advantages of Brand Registry for Amazon Sellers
Benefits of Amazon Brand Registry include protection against intellectual property (IP) theft, better listing management, and business growth through access to additional marketing tools. The main benefits of enrolling in the brand registry for Amazon Sellers are listed below:-
- Protection against IP theft: Brands can protect their Amazon Stores from product hijackers and counterfeit sellers. After enrolling in the brand registry, Amazon helps you detect counterfeit & illegal products and removes them. This protection is essential for the growth of your brand.
- Better Listings: Enrolling in Brand Registry allows the inclusion of videos and additional photos in your product listings. Enhance your customer experience through the use of product videos.
- Advanced Brand Analytics: Get access to data analytics regarding your customer demographics and their behaviors while interacting with your products. Understand how your products are performing in Search. The trove of data helps you better optimize your products and store.
- Amazon Store Builder: Create your own Brand Store within Amazon Marketplace. Brands can even claim dedicated store URLs.
- A+ Content: Brand registry allows access to simple & premium A+ Content. Differentiate your product pages with professionally designed A+ content to stand out from competitor products.
- Posts: Amazon Posts allows brands to create and publish content that is displayed in the brand store and on product pages. With Amazon Posts, brands can create various content, including product photos and videos, lifestyle imagery, and infographics to drive free organic traffic to their products. Posts are available only in the US marketplace.
- Project Zero: This tool helps in trademark protection by detecting infringement and violations of terms and services. Brands can use this tool to block sellers after verifying the violations.
- Transparency Program: Amazon’s Transparency program is a product traceability service that allows sellers to assign unique serial numbers to each unit of their products, thus protecting against counterfeit sellers.
- Live Creator: Amazon Live Creator is a tool that allows brands and sellers to create and broadcast live-streaming videos on Amazon. This feature enables brands to connect with customers in real-time, showcase products, and share their brand story.
- Sponsored Brand Ads: Sponsored Brand Ads are an excellent way for brands to increase visibility and drive sales on Amazon by targeting customers already searching for similar products. It also allows the brands to promote multiple products at once and drive traffic to their brand store pages.
- Amazon Attribution Tool: Amazon Attribution is a measurement and analytics service that allows advertisers to track and measure the effectiveness of their ad campaigns across different channels ON and OFF Amazon.
Eligibility Criteria for Amazon Brand Registry
To be eligible for Amazon Brand Registry, your brand must have an active registered or pending trademark application in the country where you wish to enroll. Once approved, your Brand protection applies to the Amazon marketplace in that country.
Read through the country-specific requirements on the Amazon Brand Registry website. You will require the following documents before starting the application process.
- Your brand name with an active registered or pending trademark.
- The trademark registration number received from the Intellectual Property Office. OR The application number if the trademark is pending registration.
- Photos of Product and Packaging with Brand Name/Trademark Logo visible in them.
- A list of product categories (e.g., home & garden, sporting goods, electronics) in which your brand products would be listed.
How to Register a Brand in Amazon Brand Registry?
Registering a brand name with Amazon Brand Registry is simple if you have all the required documents. Follow these steps to register your brand:-
- Visit Amazon Brand Registry ( https://brandregistry.amazon.com/ )
- If you are an Amazon Seller, sign into Amazon using your existing Seller or Vendor Central credentials, this will link the Brand Registry features and benefits to your account. If you do not have an Amazon account, create a new one for free.
- Fill out the brand eligibility form and click next.
- Upload the product and packaging pictures with your registered trademark.
- Upload your logo and add your website and social media accounts (optional).
- Fill in the Brand registration details.
- Submit the form, and viola, you are done.
Amazon will initiate a verification process for your application. They will send a verification code to the public contact available in the records of the Government agency where the trademark is registered. You must provide the verification code within 30 days of receiving the Amazon email. Once you provide them with the verification code, Amazon will approve your Brand enrollment in the Amazon Brand Registry.
How much does Amazon Brand Registry cost?
Amazon does not charge anything for brand registry enrollment. However, if your brand is not a registered trademark, it may cost you between $200 to $400 to get a trademark registration number, depending on the country where you are enrolling.
The Amazon Brand Registry program is a game-changer for sellers on the platform. It offers a wealth of benefits that can help sellers to protect their brand, increase sales, and boost brand awareness. In the hands of professional marketers, these marketing tools turbocharge and accelerate the growth of your Amazon FBA Selling Business.
Please let us know of your thoughts or if you have any questions about the Amazon Brand Registry program through the comment section below.